Working together giving patients hope
Greenbrook TMS accepts all major insurance. Medicare & Medicaid accepted at various locations. Call 855-940-4867 to find a nearby location.
Other insurance providers may cover TMS Therapy on a case by case basis.
If you are requesting a Consultation for yourself or a loved one, please use this form.
About TMS Therapy
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy (TMS Therapy) is a safe and effective treatment for those diagnosed with MDD who have not experienced satisfactory relief with their antidepressant medication. It can be used in conjunction with medication or as a stand-alone treatment; this makes it an effective treatment option for those who cannot take antidepressants or cannot tolerate their side effects.
TMS Therapy applies targeted magnetic pulses to areas of the brain involved in mood regulation, areas that researchers have identified in brain scan imaging to be underactive in people diagnosed with depression. Magnetic pulses activate neurons, thereby improving the brain’s ability to regulate mood.
Typical Course of Treatment
Although treatment varies by individual, a typical treatment course consists of:
- Average of 20–36 treatment sessions
- Conducted over a 6–9 week period
- 5 treatments per week
- Each treatment session lasts approximately 18–20 minutes
- FDA Cleared & Proven – 2 out of every 3 patients had a reduction in depression scores after a 4-week treatment period
- Non-Sedating – patient remains awake and alert during treatment and can resume usual routine, including driving
- Non-Drug – no drug related side effects such as weight gain, drowsiness, nausea, insomnia, gastrointestinal distress and decreased libido
Upon Referral, Patient should expect:
- Complimentary Consultation: Scheduled by patient at a conveniently located Greenbrook TMS Center. During the consultation, patients learn more about TMS Therapy. Their relevant medical history will be discussed, including prior / current medications and psychotherapy.
- Pre-Assessment: Conducted by a Greenbrook Medical Director, psychiatrists with specialized training in TMS Therapy, to determine your patient’s candidacy for treatment.
If your patient qualifies for TMS Therapy, you will recieve:
- Treatment Commencement Confirmation
- Treatment Summary at the conclusion of patient's TMS treatment
Refer a Patient