Reports to: Greenbrook TMS Inc., Audit Committee of the Board of Directors (quarterly) Chief Executive Officer (day to day).
The Chief Compliance and Privacy officer (CCPO) is a member of Greenbrook TMS Inc.’s (GTMS) senior management team, and is responsible for continuing the development and design, and for facilitating the execution, of the GTMS corporate compliance and information privacy program nationwide, hallmarked by effectiveness in compliance, simplicity in operation, efficiency and speed in execution, and supporting great patient service and outcomes. The CCPO serves as a project lead and subject matter expert for GTMS compliance and privacy operational initiatives, and is responsible for working with responsible management on facilitating, executing, monitoring and documenting policies, procedures, processes and overall compliance operations. He or she also assists management in developing and executing communication and training modules and initiatives. The CCPO oversees and/or performs monitoring activities, and analyzes outcomes and communicates findings as appropriate. Additional responsibilities include leading and/or participating in the investigation of compliance, privacy and other ethics concerns. Relevant compliance areas include fraud and abuse in financial relationships, documentation, coding and billing, privacy, and other compliance- and privacy-related GTMS policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- The development, implementation and ongoing facilitation of the GTMS Compliance and Privacy Program, and the further development and maintenance of GTMS’ Performance with Integrity culture
- Working collaboratively with management, employees and contractors to ensure program-wide compliance efforts are and remain in alignment GTMS’ Performance with Integrity culture, with business and clinical operations, and with federal, state, and local requirements
- Evaluating compliance and making recommended changes necessary to achieve or enhance effective compliance with simplicity in operations, efficiency and speed in execution and the support great patient service and outcomes
- Identifying and monitoring compliance risks, developing an annual compliance risk assessment and analysis, developing a work plan
- Reviewing and updating compliance and privacy policies and procedures regarding compliance and privacy requirements
- Acting as project lead for compliance and privacy initiatives, and serving as a subject matter expert and resource for GTMS colleagues
- Managing outside contractors and vendors providing compliance services and support to GTMS
- Developing, conducting compliance and privacy communications and training modules and programs
- Tracking and enforcing compliance and privacy training requirements
- Monitoring the compliance and privacy hotlines, and triaging and responding on a timely basis
- Performing compliance and privacy-related investigations in coordination with the General Counsel
- Assisting and supporting operations and provider practices with any required or desired compliance-or privacy related certifications
- Developing, analyzing and communicating data and information to demonstrate the effectiveness of compliance and privacy efforts
- Other compliance or privacy-related duties as assigned
- A 4 year Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, such as business, operations, healthcare, communications, or a similar degree relevant to the responsibilities in this position description
- A law degree
- Training and/or certification in project management is preferred
- At least ten years relevant professional experience, with at least five years in an in-house regulatory compliance, corporate compliance, healthcare compliance, and/or privacy compliance role
- Progressively responsible experience
- Familiarity with Medicare and Medicaid-related laws and requirements, including billing and coding rules, and familiarity with privacy rules, including HIPAA and HITECH
- Experience in project management is preferred
- Experience emphasizing risk management or process improvement is preferred
Experience working as or supporting clinical healthcare providers is preferred.
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Highly professional demeanor, communication style and approach
- Excellent analytical and critical decision-making, investigational skills
- Effective and strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, time, project management skills with proven ability to multi-task and manage complex projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changes in policies, procedures, and priorities
- Ability and willingness to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements
- Ability to enforce and educate employees/staff on compliance and privacy areas, including established ethics and codes of conduct
- Ability to interface with management and translate complex issues into project plans with deliverables and measurable outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills, including being approachable, effective listening, appropriate use of style and language for the audience and ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to effectively communicate legal and regulatory issues to clinical, finance and other operational personnel
- Ability to deal with a variety of personalities and situations
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspect of the job is required.
This position could travel within the United States up to 25%.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description is a descriptive list of the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position and is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees are expected to also perform other business related duties as assigned by their supervisor or other management.
The organization reserves the right to change, modify, or reassign job responsibilities, duties and scheduled work hours as per business needs.
This document is a communication tool and not intended as a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email including the specific position and location you are applying to along with your resume to [email protected].